Senior Project Manager
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. When you join PCL, you become an important part of the team behind some of the most prominent structures and infrastructure that shape our communities.
As a Senior Project Manager for our California Buildings district located in San Diego, you will contribute to our team by:
- Provides leadership for the Life Science market, including client management, pursuit strategy, and operational oversight. Experience with the Life Sciences market in San Diego or Los Angeles would be an asset.
- Provides support for several small projects or leads one large project with high complexity.
- Accountable for safety, budget, quality, design, schedule, and profitability performance.
- Oversees project personnel operations and maintains excellent industry stakeholder relationships to create opportunities and new work
- Actively participates in leadership roles during district initiatives, project pursuits, and preconstruction activities
- Leads to secure new work by participating as part of core pursuits/preconstruction team to contribute to estimate, proposal, and or/presentation
- Identifies risk areas, and develops and implements mitigation plans
- Oversees the development and implementation of a quality management plan and quality culture with stakeholder buy-in
- Understands, communicates, enforces, and proactively manages contract and documents
- Oversees change management process and manages large changes and disputes
- Oversees and verifies progress preparation payments to clients and trade contractors, and monitors progress
- Oversees overall project closeout, including document archival, maintenance and warrant manuals, deficiencies, and warranty work
- Other duties required